I've done alot of things in my life both good and bad in nature. I've overcome many obstacles, some for the sake of survival and others merely as a way of improving myself as a person. Even with all the knowledge and experience I have gained over the years, I am still plagued with faults in my routine. Or Bad habits to put it simply.
Yeah, wether it's biting your nails or leaving the seat up we all have to fac it at some point that we all do things that others don't like. For me it's alittle different. I do the things that annoy me but I usually am able to hide it from others. If i want to that is.
Okay maybe you're wondering what I'm talking about. So look at the time I wrote this ... that's my example. Its about 3am in the morning and I'm typing this blog for a class that begins at 9. Your body needs at least 8 hours of sleep and thats already 2 that I just missed out on if I want to get to class ... not counting if I want to get there on time. Subtract another hour for showering and getting ready. 5 hours sleep... however much time it takes me to finish other assignments that I've neglected. I'd give myself about 4 hours of sleep. Why? because I do what I've noticed to be the next big thing, over obligated myself.
I wouldn't be surprised if scientist somehow turned this into another mental disorder (like how shyness became social anxiety (this is a discussion for a later time however)). Yep... I got it. Over exhaustion complicated by a severe case of obligatory social contracting(No, im not a hypochandriac).
Don't get me confused, I play the role of alpha-male in my group so it's not like I'm taking orders from a bunch of people and working beyond my limits to fulfill them. Nope. Actually if there were someone ordering me around I'd probably be the most lethargic with respect to that "commander" if I saw no awarding outcome to following those orders.
But to get back to my original point, this is a bad habit that annoys me. I tell people I'm cooking... no one eats until I make it. I can't let 10 people go hungry because im tired, so why don't I start cooking BEFORE 12am? because I told this person that I would go to this place and this other person i would help them with that ... all without realizing that I would need time for myself.
But hey ... being stood up on plans always just opens up my schedule. And, well I'm not going to make any generalized statements as to not offend, but some people are best known for standing up more than some famous comedians. Get it ... eh forget it :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
lol i get it...
i must say i have the saaaame bad habit as you...i get at least 4-5 hours of sleep a night...not so good...but hey what can you do right lol...
your an excellent writer, i enjoy reading your blogs...so write some more =)
Post a Comment