Monday, March 12, 2007

Learning Environment

Okay there has been a certain something that’s been bugging me for a long time. A really long time. I could remember sitting in some of my high school classes and thinking to myself… wow this is really annoying. Now I find myself in my Computer Information Systems class thinking the same exact thing. This so called “ghettoness.”

Don’t get me wrong, I was raised in all the wrong places … so I “get ghetto” when the situation calls for it. But this is my time! I paid the cost for this education; not to relive high school. It never fails though! I mean when I was in high school, I switch from normal classes to honors level courses to try to escape people that like to “act ghetto.” That didn’t work but I stuck with it anyway. Now I’m paying thousands of dollars to go to this university and I have to sit in class and listen to some girl talking a bunch of crap to a nice teacher whenever she can’t get a question right. Luckily the guy can barely even hear her saying anything but the fact of the matter is there are times and places for that kind of behavior. And an afternoon in Sullivan hall is not one of those.

What’s worse? It’s fueled by other students. I mean, even though most of the class is laughing at her, she thinks that everyone is on her side and she adores the attention. This in itself makes the situation more difficult, because when people feed off the attention, it makes it hard to coerce them to acting properly without lowering yourself to their own level. COUNTLESS AMOUNTS OF TIMES I just wanted to take my laptop and throw it at her and scream and act out until she stopped. But doing so would go against my own moral standing (I would never intentionally cause harm to a female) and would escalate the situation further than it would if we just let her rant. So I just deal with it. Go to my dorm and slap walls. End of story.

No comments: