Saturday, March 17, 2007

Racial Conflict

It seems like everywhere I turn, nowadays, its one racial problem after another. Turned on the television, that season 11 of South Park is stirring up controversy. Surfing the internet, too many people saying the n-word (not to mention the popularity of the amazing racist). I can’t even walk into the common area of my dorm without having to here some heated argument involving racist issues. If this all isn’t just a major coincidence I’d call it an omen.

If world war three were to happen in the near future, it wouldn’t be between the great nations of the world, it would be between the races of the world. Everyone wants the supremacy. All I know is that I’m not fighting for it because I’m apathetic to the issue of race. Why does it even matter?

I could remember being a child in elementary school, but neither then nor today could I even tell you what race my class mates belonged to… because who cares? I mean besides the whole cultural cooking days and little events like that, where we tried new food, we had little to no understanding of the concept of race. But now that we “grew up” it’s all just a big problem. It’s time to grow down now people.

Black people do this, White people do that, Asians do the third thing, etc. etc. etc. It’s redundant, it’s ridiculous. Why does it matter where your ancestors came from? … You’ve evolved far enough from that tree already and are developing roots somewhere else. Why do people even argue what race Jesus was? ... If he was any race does that make them closer to god then all the other races? … Does that make them better, more powerful, more favorable in the eyes of god?

1 comment:

bill said...

Jello,

What is "race" anyway? Is it possible even to use that word with any meaning these days (since everyone is so "mixed" anyway)?

You've gott a pick up the pace, my friend.

Remember: Unless an act is the outcome of an inner necessity it is not creative. If it is not creative it cannot educate. In the degree that we express ourselves creatively, in that degree we live. In the degree that an individual does not reveal oneself in one's daily life, in that measure one exists as a material thing and in no way fulfills one's destiny as a self-conscious being, self-determining, self-directing and self-revealing.